Tuesday 27 November 2012

Carrot Soup with Dill and Mustard










I made this soup last weekend for the friends who helped me destroy the wardrobe. I served it with ham sandwiches and it seemed to go down well. I loved it anyway, it was nice to have a change from the more common Carrot and Coriander Soup. I am adding this to this week's Souper Sunday dreamed up by Deb at Kahakai Kitchen. I make soup almost every week so I thought why not!
















Carrot Soup with Dill and Mustard (adapted from River Cottage Herbs Handbook)
(Serves 4-6)
(0 WW ProPoints per serving)

cooking spray
1 onion, peeled and sliced
500g carrots, peeled and sliced
800ml chicken or vegetable stock
15–20g bunch of dill
1 heaped tsp Dijon mustard
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and carrots. Once they start to sizzle, reduce the heat, cover the pan and sweat the veg, stirring once or twice, for 10 minutes. Add the stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for 12–15 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.

Meanwhile, cut the top quarter off the bunch of dill and set aside for serving. Discard the stalks from the remaining dill, then roughly chop the frondy leaves. Add the chopped dill to the soup and simmer for another 2 minutes only. Add the mustard, then purée the soup with a hand blender, season well with salt and pepper. Serve.

1 comment:

  1. I love the flavor of dill and I know I would love this soup.

    Thanks for sharing it with Souper Sundays. Hope to have you back again soon! ;-)

    Aloha,

    Deb

    ReplyDelete