Sunday 7 October 2012

Runner Bean Soup

My Mum had a huge glut of runner beans in her garden and handily brought some down for me. I like runner beans but only in small doses and with the huge amount that she gave me I decided to make soup. Despite the kinda yucky khaki green colour and the simple flavours involved, the soup was really tasty, definitely one to save and make again next year.
















Runner Bean Soup (from Cook Sister)
(Serves 2)
(1 WW ProPoint per serving)

cooking spray
500g runner beans, sliced
1 large carrot, chopped
1 onion, chopped
700ml vegetable stock
salt and pepper

Heat a saucepan and spray with cooking spray. Gently fry the beans, onions and carrots until the veg is starting to soften and the onion is translucent but not browned. Add the stock, bring to the boil and then simmer covered for about 30 mins, until the veg is soft.

Blend with a hand blender. Season to taste and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment