Tuesday 9 October 2012

Broccoli and Blue Cheese Pasta

I think my photos are getting better. It seems that if I take my pictures on the stove top with the light on they come out crisper and not some weird colour or just dark. Plus things that sometimes look burnt in my photos and actually weren't, aren't appearing anymore! Yay! It doesn't always work but I think I'm getting there, at least I understand a bit more about good and bad light! I still have shaky hands but I think I'm going to try one of those gorilla stands and see how that works, bit difficult for shots from above though! I'm also usually too impatient to wait for ages to get the shot right too, I want to eat my food whilst it's still hot!!

This pasta was delicious, I used up the Gorgonzola from a pizza I made ages ago and it paired beautifully with the bacon and the broccoli. Yum!
















Broccoli and Blue Cheese Pasta (adapted from WeightWatchers Cook Smart Easy Everyday)
(Serves 2)
(13 WW ProPoints per serving)

140g dried pasta
cooking spray
4 bacon medallion, chopped
250g broccoli
4 tbsp sweetcorn
60g blue cheese
good pinch of dried mixed herbs
salt and pepper

Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta according to packet instructions.

Meanwhile mist a frying pan with cooking spray and fry the bacon.

Chop the stalk of the broccoli and cut the florets into small pieces. Blanch the pieces of stalk for 3 mins in boiling water then add the florets and cook for another 2 mins.

Drain, then mix the broccoli, bacon and sweetcorn with the pasta, add the blue cheese, herbs and mix so that the cheese melts. Season and serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. Lol, I think the pics are ok - far better than some of my early efforts! I must admit, I've gone a bit Instagram happy in recent months so everything looks kind of bleached but in a (I choose to believe) ARTISTIC way!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete