Tuesday 11 September 2012

Glazed Sausage Kebabs

I haven't had much opportunity to use the barbecue this summer but I have been grilling things instead. I don't make kebabs very often as usually I find them too much hassle but I thought this was a different and healthy way of eating sausages rather than sausage and mash which is my standard sausage dish! Note to self though, don't put cherry tomatoes on the end of the kebab sticks as they fall off and make a mess of the grill pan! Again the dish used pretty much all produce out of my garden veg wise, the courgettes and cherry tomatoes are mine anyway, and I served it with rice and salad, simple yet delicious.
















Glazed Sausage Kebabs (adapted from WeightWatchers Book of Recipes)
(Serves 4)
(9 WW ProPoints per serving)

8 sausages, each cut into thirds
2 courgettes, sliced thickly
8 cherry tomatoes
4 small onions, quartered

For the glaze
2 tbsp mango chutney
2 tbsp orange juice
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1/2 tsp ground ginger

Make the glaze by gently heating all the glaze ingredients together in a small pan, stirring to mix for a few mins.

Meanwhile, heat the grill to medium. Thread alternate pieces of sausage, courgette, tomato and onion on to eight skewers.

Grill the kebabs for 12-15 mins, brushing with the glaze as you turn them. Mix any pan juices with leftover glaze and drizzle it over the kebabs to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment