Saturday 25 August 2012

Toulouse Sausage Bake

One of my tasks for the summer was to do out the freezer, a task I loath as I always get so cold trying to sort it all out! But it's done and I also did a nice inventory of everything in there and discovered several things that had been in there maybe a tad too long. So I set myself a mission to find new recipes using them, they have usually been there a while because I can't think of anything to do with them, and I have succeeded so far! The first of these were some Toulouse Sausages, and I made a bake with them. I served it with some cabbage which I had steamed, seasoned and squeezed a bit of lemon juice over. Delicious!
















Toulouse Sausage Bake (adapted from WeightWatchers Fresh and Easy Everyday)
(Serves 4)
(15 WW ProPoints per serving)


3 slices wholemeal bread
3 tbsp parsley, chopped
cooking spray
4 Toulouse Sausages, cut into 4 pieces
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, sliced
425g chicken bread fillets, cubed
40g diced pancetta
1 tbsp plain flour
1 tsp English mustard powder
500ml chicken stock
2 410g tins cannellini beans, drained and rinsed

Preheat the oven to 190C. Meanwhile using a food processor, whizz the bread into fine crumbs. Add in the parsley and set aside.

Heat a large shallow flame and ovenproof pan and spray with cooking spray. Cook the sausage for 5 mins, turning until brown all over, then transfer to a plate. Spray the pan again and cook the onion, garlic, chicken and pancetta for 5 mins, until browned all over.

Sprinkle over the flour and mustard powder and then gradually add the stock, stirring. Bring to the boil and bubble for 1 min until thickened. Then stir in the cannellini beans and return the sausages to the pan.

Remove from the heat and scatter over the breadcrumbs. Spray with cooking spray and bake in the oven for 25 mins until lightly golden. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment