Thursday 30 August 2012

Grilled Pork Steaks with Apple Mash

I love trying anything with apple and pork, it's one of my favourite combinations. I did make a mistake, the recipe says pork loin steaks and I only had pork leg steaks, so I used them. I think they they are more of a stewing cut rather than grilling and it was a bit tough after cooking. I have two more to use so I shall try and find something casseroley or stewy to make with them. The mash however was delicious and I made stewed apple and blackberries with the remainder of the apple, which I think is one of my favourite things ever! I served the pork and mash with roast spaghetti squash, broccoli and sugar snap peas.
















Grilled Pork Steaks with Apple Mash
(Serves 4)
(9 WW ProPoints per serving)

4 boneless pork loin steaks
2 tsp clear honey
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp tomato puree
450g potatoes, peeled and diced
225g cooking apple, peeled, cored and diced
salt and pepper

Score a criss cross pattern across the top of each pork steak and place them in a shallow dish. Mix together the honey, garlic, soy sauce and tomato puree and brush this mixture over the steaks. Cover and leave to marinate for 20 mins.

Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the potatoes for 15 mins. Add the apple to the pan and cook for a further 5 mins. Drain well and mash the apple and potatoes together. Season to taste.

Grill the pork steaks under a medium to low heat for 5 mins on each side.

Divide the mash between 4 plates and serve with a pork steak.

1 comment:

  1. I just used this recipe for some pork steaks and they turned out delicious! My little brother even liked them and he's a fussy eater. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete