Tuesday 3 July 2012

Ethel the Goat

Last month I received a hamper from Ethel the Goat, the lovely goaty face of Capricorn Goat's Cheese. It contained a whole array of delicious foods that I cannot wait to use!
















All I had to do was make up recipes using the goats cheese with inspiration from the hamper and post them on my blog. Now, I love goat's cheese but I have to admit that I always thought I was a French goats cheese girl. However, I am converted! This cheese comes from Somerset and it was delicious with a lovely sharp flavour, which I love. Goat's cheese is also healthier than some cows cheese, so fantastic for WeightWatchers! I have a few recipes up my sleeve so look out for them over the coming weeks.

The first recipe I made using the cheese and peppers from the hamper was Chicken stuffed with Goats Cheese, Peppers and Spinach. It was delicious. I used Parma ham to wrap the chicken and filling, which feels like such a luxury to me. I served it on a bed of peppers, courgette and carrot, which are delicious roasted and with Romanesco and Cauliflower Mash.












Chicken Stuffed with Goat's Cheese, Peppers and Spinach
(Serves 4)
(9 WW ProPoints per serving)

100g spinach
4 medium chicken breasts
80g pepperdew peppers
100g goats cheese
8 leaves fresh basil, plus extra to garnish
4 slices Parma ham
2 medium yellow peppers, deseeded and thickly sliced
300g carrots, halved
2 courgettes, sliced
cooking spray
black pepper

Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/fan oven 170°C.

Put the spinach into a colander and pour over a kettleful of boiling water to wilt the leaves. Run cold water through the colander to cool it, then squeeze the spinach tightly with your hands to remove the excess liquid.

Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket into each chicken breast. Place 2 basil leaves in each pocket, then share the spinach equally between them. Slice the goats cheese and put in the pocket. Cut the pepperdew peppers into 4 equal pieces and share between the pockets. Close the pockets. Wrap the Parma ham around the Chicken and secure with a cocktail stick if needed.

Spray the bottom of a roasting tin or large shallow baking dish and put the peppers, carrots and courgette in, Spray the veggies with cooking spray and tossing to coat. Arrange the chicken breasts on top, then season with black pepper. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for a further 20 minutes. Serve, garnished with extra basil leaves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment