Wednesday 27 June 2012

Vegetarian Courgette Carbonara

I love carbonara but I never seem to be able to make it right. I think its partly because it's tough making it for one, you either end up with too much eggy sauce or scrambled eggs and pasta, neither is a good look! This is a vegetarian slimmed down version and I ended up with a perfect amount of sauce for my pasta. I have made courgette carbonara before but with bacon, this is a lovely vegetarian version. There should be basil in this recipe but I forgot it, it would be a nice addition. I served it with a big side salad.
















Courgette Carbonara (adapted from Waitrose Recipe Card)
(Serves 2)
(10 WW ProPoints per serving)

150g dried spaghetti
knob of butter
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 large courgette coarsely grated
2 free range eggs
100g half fat creme fraiche
25g parmesan

Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.

Meanwhile, heat the butter in a frying pan and cook the garlic, shallot and courgette for 6-8 mins until softened and slightly golden.

Beat the eggs, creme fraiche, parmesan and some black pepper.

Drain the pasta and return to the pan off the heat. Add the courgette and eggs mixtures to the pan and toss well together until the heat of the pasta has thickened the sauce. Divide between two plates, scatter with basil leaves and a little more parmesan to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment