Thursday 24 May 2012

Stir-fried Fish with Dill and Rice Noodles

I caanot tell you how much I loved this dish, So good! I love monkfish anyway but this was delicious. This was another piece of the monkfish part of which we used for the Monkfish and Saffron Risotto a while ago. I have one more piece left, I will have to find something extra special to do with it as the first two dishes were amazing. Skinny Meals in Heels is also my new favourite cookbook, there are so many fantastic recipes in it that I want to try out! I added some mangetout to the dish, to add some veggies.


















Stir-fried Fish with Dill and Rice Noodles (from Skinny Meals in Heels - Jennifer Joyce)
(Serves 4)
(10 WW ProPoints per serving)

1 small onion, coarsely grated
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2.5cm piece of ginger, finely chopped
2 tsp ground tumeric
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp peanut oil
900g piece skinless monkfish
200g dried vermicelli noodles
6 spring onions, thinly sliced
40g roughly chopped dill stalks and leaves

Combine the onion, garlic, ginger, tumeric, fish sauce and 1 tsp of the peanut oil in a bowl. MIx well, then add the fish and allow to marinate for 10 mins.

Meanwhile place the noodles in a large bowl and pour over boiling water to cover well. Leave to sit for about 5 mins or until tender and then drain.

Heat the remaining peanut oil in a large wok over high heat. Add the spring onion and dill and cook for 1 min, then add the fish mixture. Sir fry dor 3-4 mins or until the fish is cooked through.

Divide the noodles among the bowls and serve the fish on top with its juices spooned over. Serve with a small sprinkling of coriander.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. kanada visum online søknad

    ReplyDelete