Sunday 1 April 2012

Salmon and Watercress Lasagne

So I am officially on holiday! However, instead of having a nice lie in on Saturday morning I got up at 7.30am and headed off to Borough Market! I bought a few things there, but couldn't find what I was looking for, which was something for lunch for myself and my sister. I then went to Chapel Market in Islington to buy my vegetables and whilst I was there I had a pang of nostalgia and for lunch decided we would regress to childhood. So I bought a carton of Carrot and Coriander Soup and some poppy seed knot rolls which we duly had for lunch!

I have had a very productive weekend, I have been out to the garden centre and bought my compost and a few plants and I spent today getting the garden ready for planting as well as doing the housework. Hopefully the rest of my holiday will be more relaxing!

On Friday night I cooked for myself and Ben and tried this Salmon and Watercress Lasagne recipe. It was ok, I quite liked the mustard flavour, but it needed to be a bit more creamy, maybe the cream of leek soup would have been a better bet. I served it with garlic bread and then proceeded to try and slice the top of my thumb off whilst cutting it! Lots of blood but not too much damage done!



Salmon and Watercress Lasagne (from www.goodfoodchannel.com)
(Serves 4)

450g thick salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 3cm cubes
4tbsp wholegrain mustard
8cooked lasagne sheets
60g watercress
1tsp fresh thyme
50g butter, plus extra for greasing
200ml double cream, or cream of leek soup
100g cheddar cheese, grated, or 50g Cheddar plus 50g mozzarella

Set the oven to 180C/gas 4 and lightly grease a rectangular ovenproof dish with butter or oil.

Put the salmon cubes in a bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the mustard and stir well to coat the salmon.

Lay half the lasagne sheets in the bottom of the prepared dish. Scatter over all the salmon pieces and the watercress.

Top with the remaining pasta sheets. Sprinkle with fresh thyme and dot evenly with the butter. Pour over the double cream and scatter with grated cheese.

Cook for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown and bubbling, then serve immediately, accompanied by a salad of watercress dressed with extra virgin olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment