Monday 30 April 2012

Halloumi with Warm Lemony Bean Salad

Here start the WeightWatchers recipes. For the first couple of weeks I think I am going to stick the WeightWatchers recipes from their cookbooks and website that have already been pointed so I know exactly what I am doing, but as I go along I will try recipes from other sources and try and work out the points for them.

I am finding this hard, but its actually amazing how much I do still get to eat, it's just about portion control, eating lots of fruit and exercise. I have my weigh in tomorrow and I hope that I've lost some weight, but I know that it might take a couple of weeks to see any results.

This halloumi salad recipe was actually really good, I added some rocket to the bottom as a bed and that added a peppery flavour to the dish.

Halloumi with Warm Lemony Bean Salad (from WeightWatchers Complete Cookbook)
(Serves 2)
(8 WW ProPoints per serving)

calorie controlled cooking spray
1 courgette, diced
1 shallot, chopped roughly
1/2 red chilli, deseeded and diced
2 ripe tomatoes, chopped roughly
410g cannellini beans in water, drained and rinsed
100g halloumi, sliced
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp chopped mint
black pepper

Spray a saucepan with the cooking spry, add the courgette, shallot and chilli and stir fry for 3-4 mins until starting to colour. Add the tomatoes and cannellini beans and heat for 2 mins.

Meanwhile, heat a non stick frying pan and spray with the cooking spray. Season the halloumi with pepper then fry over a medium heat for 2 mins on each side until golden brown.

Add the lemon juice, olive oil and mint to the warm bean salad and divide between two plates. Place the halloumi on top and serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment