Tuesday 3 April 2012

Chicken and Pesto Quesadillas

So I am going to use my holiday to try out lots of new recipes, the stack of print outs of recipes from the Internet is now huge and I really need to start trying them! The first one I came across was this Chicken and Pesto Quesadilla recipe. Now I love a Mexican quesadilla, and I love pesto so I thought they'd make a great combination. However, I'm not really sure they do. These ended up being a bit bland. I did fiddle with the recipe a bit, I used ordinary cooked chicken rather than wafer thin and slow roasted peppers rather than tomatoes but that shouldn't have made that might difference. So these are ok but not brilliant.



Chicken and Pesto Quesadillas (from www.weightwatchers.co.uk)
(8 ProPoints per serving)
(Serves 4)

4 Tortillas
4 tbsp pesto
100g Reduced Fat Grated Mature Cheese
120g Wafer Thin Cooked Chicken
2 tomatoes

Place 2 Tortillas on your work surface and spread with 1 tbsp pesto each.

Top with 50g cheese each, then 60g cooked chicken each.

Divide 2 tomatoes, sliced, between the tortillas.

Spread 2 more tortillas with 1 tbsp pesto each and place on top of the tomatoes.



Place a frying pan over a medium heat and once warm, slide in the first quesadilla.

Cook for 3-4 minutes, then carefully flip using a spatula and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.

Slide out of the pan and keep warm while you cook the second quesadilla.

Slice each quesadilla into 6 and serve 3 wedges per plate.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm. Yes. I hear what you're saying. Something with a bit more bite than pesto is needed. A bit too cross-cultural.

    ReplyDelete