Friday 30 March 2012

Tilapia Tacos

I am still on a Mexican kick. I follow Skinny Taste and when I saw her recipe for Cilantro Lime Tilapia Tacos I knew I had to make them, especially with tilapia sat in the freezer. They were delicious, a little spicy but not too spicy.

I finish for the Easter Holidays today and I cannot wait for the break! I have loads of things planned for the holidays, not least gardening! I am going with my sister on Saturday to buy compost so that I can start planting seeds and then after Easter I am going, with my mum, on a tour of the garden centres to buy veg plants and flowers to go in the tubs. I am very excited! I can't wait to get back in the garden again, fingers crossed that the unusually balmy weather holds!



Tilapia Tacos (adapted from Skinny Taste)
(Serves 4)

4 tilapia fillets
1 tsp olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely minced
2 jalapeño peppers, chopped
300g diced tomatoes
half a tin sweetcorn
2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
3 tbsp lime juice
salt and pepper to taste
8 5-inch white corn tortillas
150ml sour cream

Heat olive oil in a skillet. Sauté onion until translucent, then add garlic. Mix well.

Place tilapia on the skillet and cook until the flesh starts to flake. Add jalapeño peppers, tomatoes, sweetcorn, cilantro and lime juice. Sauté over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, breaking up the fish with the spoon to get everything mixed well; season to taste with salt and pepper.

Meanwhile, heat tortillas in the microwave, about 7 second per tortilla. Serve a little over 1/4 cup of fish on each warmed tortillas with a tbsp sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment