Sunday 27 February 2011

Snails with Garlic Breadcrumbs

My sister made some garlic mushrooms for canapes on New Years Eve and left behind some of the garlic butter, which I froze. I thought it would go perfectly with some snails and I was right. The butter doesn't melt as much as the normal garlic and parsley butter that goes with snails but you get the lovely garlic taste and it's a bit less messy. I do have a snail fork so getting them out of the shells wasn't a problem but I didn't have the holder so I had to hold them with an oven glove to eat them! Still well worth it!



Snails with Garlic breadcrumbs
(Serves 2)

12 snail shells
12 snails
100g butter
2 cloves garlic, crushed
small handful breadcrumbs

Preheat the oven to 190C.

Soften the butter and mix with the breadcrumbs and garlic.

Put the snails into the shells and spoon some of the butter on top and put into either a snail plate or on a baking sheet

Place the snails into the oven and cook until the butter melts or they go golden brown on top. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment