Saturday 26 February 2011

Chicken and Thyme Pies

This is one of the pies I made in my Christmas cooking extravaganza. The recipe was originally Tarragon and Turkey Pot Pies but as I had neither tarragon nor turkey, I made chicken and thyme pies instead. I froze the pies after I made them and ate one a couple of weeks ago. It was delicious.



Chicken and Thyme Pies (adapted from Good Food Magazine January 2006)
(Serves 4)

400g cooked chicken, torn into chunks
100g chestnut mushrooms , quartered
100g frozen peas , defrosted
chicken stock , fresh, cube or concentrate made up to 300ml
1 onion, halved and sliced
2 sheets of fresh or frozen ready-rolled puff pastry , cut to fit 4 pie dishes
1 egg, beaten for glazing
1 tsp dried thyme
142ml pot of double cream

Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Cook the onion and mushrooms in a little butter until soft, add the rest of the ingredients (except the pastry), bubble up and season. Divide between 4 small ovenproof pie dishes, cover with a circle of puff and glaze. Bake for 20-25 minutes until puffed and golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment