Saturday 2 October 2010

Marinated Tuna Kebabs

I grew some fennel in the garden this summer, but only one of them grew into a proper fennel bulb, and it was huge! I used it in these kebabs and also in a delicious risotto. It worked really well with the tuna and lemon flavours. I served the kebabs with ratatouille and rice and toasted orzo mix.



Marinated Tuna Kebabs (adapted from Australian Women's Weekly Greek)
(Serves 4)

1kg tuna

for the marinade
1/2 cup fresh parsley sprigs
1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
3 cloves garlic, bruised
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp ground coriander
125ml lemon juice
60ml olive oil
1 tsp grated lemon rind

Cut tuna into 3cm cubes.

Blend or process all ingredients for the marinade until smooth.

Combine tuna and marinade in a large bowl, mix well, cover and put in the fridge over night.

Thread the tuna onto 8 skewers, grill until cooked as desired, turning once during cooking. Serve with lemon wedges.

1 comment:

  1. Greek kebabs are healthy and tasteful treat to myself. I had some last night when I visited El Greco - a greek food restaurant here in UAE. Their food was awesome and guilt-free. I even got some discounts because I am a dine-in customer.

    ReplyDelete