Monday 27 September 2010

Curry Courgette Soup

Whilst I was still trying to use up some of my very large courgettes, I made lots of courgette soup, as many as my soup containers could hold! One of these was this Curry Courgette Soup and I even have some for lunch today!

My Mum actually met Elaine Borish on one of the Cruises that my parents went on last year and recommended the book to me. I bought the book and promptly put it somewhere and forgot about it, I think I had run out of courgettes by the time I bought it! I found it again this year and have been making some of the recipes out of it. It is definitely helping me to clear those courgettes that have been sitting on the side!

The heart made of creme fraiche wasn't deliberate, I only noticed it when I downloaded the photo to my computer! Having said that it was a really tasty soup and I was intrigued by the use of rice rather than potato to thicken the soup, which worked really rather well.



Curry Courgette Soup (from What Will I Do With All These Courgettes? - Elaine Borish)
(Serves 6-8)

3-4 medium courgettes, sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
50g rice
600ml chicken stock
1 tsp salt
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp mustard
100-225g yoghurt

Place the courgette, onion, rice, chicken stock and salt in a large pot.

Add water, if necessary, to cover the courgette and simmer until the courgettes are tender, about 15 mins.

Blend in a food processor together with curry powder, mustard and yoghurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment