Wednesday 11 August 2010

Linguine with Courgette and Sage

I'm still going with the courgette recipes! Although I'm now giving away more than I'm eating. I keep ending up with giant ones that I can't eat by myself even in 2 sittings!! I also love simple recipes and this on fitted the bill perfectly. It's basically a vegetarian carbonara with courgette and sage. This one also intrigued the cat who sat and watched me eat it. I think it was the long strands of linguine she was interested in!

I am entering this into this weeks Presto Pasta Nights hosted by Siri of Siri's Corner. Check out her blog on Friday for the round up.



Linguine with Courgette and Sage (from Good Food Magazine February 2005)
(Serves 2)

200g linguine
4 tbsp cream
4 egg yolks
6 tbsp grated parmesan
butter
a handful of small sage leaves
2 courgettes, grated
1 lemon, halved

Cook the pasta following the packet instructions. Whisk the cream and egg yolks together. Drain the pasta and then tip it back into the saucepan along with the egg mixture and Parmesan and stir. The heat from the pasta should cook the egg.

Heat a good knob of butter in a frying pan and fry the sage leaves and courgette until the butter starts to brown and they crisp up. Squeeze in a little lemon juice. Divide the pasta between 2 bowls and tip the courgette and sage mixture over.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds very rich and decadent. Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of grating the courgette and frying it up with sage. Got to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious. I had never heard zucchini called courgette before. Thanks for teaching me something new today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sage in carbonara! Good call. Looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete