Sunday 15 August 2010

Chinese Pork Noodle Soup

I love dishes I can cook all in one pot, it makes the cooking and the washing up so much easier! I have no idea if the Chinese actually do noodle soups but I couldn't resist trying it out. I am trying to clear out the freezer as I go on holiday next week and I am hoping to go to the farm shop to stock up on meat again. One of the best things the farm shop sells is stir fry meat, they chop it all up for you and you're ready to go. This is where the pork for this dish came from. I'm not a huge fan of boiled meats but with the five spice and soy sauce in the broth you couldn't taste that the pork had been effectively boiled. It was really tasty and filling.



Chinese Pork Noodle Soup (adapted from Good Food Magazine December 2006)
(Serves 4)

400g pork tenderloins, cut into long thin strips
600ml chicken stock
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
large knob of ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
200g dried egg noodles
100g spinach, roughly chopped
100g mushrooms, sliced
100g green beans, chopped into 1 inch pieces
bunch spring onions, whites and greens sliced

Tip all the ingredients, except the spring onion into a large saucepan, put the lid on and bring to a gentle simmer.

Cook, without boiling, for about 8 mins, until the pork has changed colour and the greens are cooked, but still a bit crunchy.

Ladle into bowls, scatter with the spring onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment