Tuesday 27 July 2010

Tex-Mex Fish Fillets

This is possibly one of the easiest recipes ever, you can use pretty much any white fish, I used Rock Fish which I got from a fish stall on a local market. I have never even heard of it before let alone tried it and wikipedia doesn't seem to give any clues, but it had a really soft texture and worked really well in this dish. Its basically fish, fajita seasoning, which I ways have lying around, pan frying and a squirt of guacamole. That's all there is to it.



I served it with cilantro and lime rice and tomato salsa. I also added coriander seeds to the rice as well as the fresh leaves and that increased the coriander taste.

Tex-Mex Fish Fillets (adapted from Good Food Magazine March 2007)
(Serves 4)

4 boneless white fish fillets (I used Rock Fish)
2 tbsp fajita seasoning or Tex-Mex seasoning
2 tbsp sunflower oil
200g pot guacamole

Put the fish in a zip-loc bag and add the seasoning, shake about and leave to marinate a bit.

Heat the oil in a shallow frying pan, then fry for 3-4 mins on each side until crisp.

Serve each piece of fish with a spoonful of guacamole on top and a lime wedge for squeezing.

No comments:

Post a Comment