Wednesday 7 July 2010

Seafood Noodle Soup

I love noodle soup! I think I've said this before, I love it on a cold day and on a hot day! It is such a versatile dish and works with most veg and any meat or fish. This year I've grown some stir fry mix salad leaves in my garden which according to the packet contain: Mizuna, Canton Pak Choy, Red Mustard, Texel Greens & Cavolo Nero. I wanted to try them out and what better way than in soup, and they were delicious and added some lovely extra flavours to the soup. I also added them to a noodle salad a couple of days later and they were really good in that too.



Seafood Noodle Soup
(Serves 1)

handful frozen cooked seafood mix, defrosted
handful sugar snap peas
handful stir fry mix salad leaves
handful spinach
1 tsp grated ginger
enough noodles for 1 person
2 tsp dashi no moto
500ml boiling water
1 tsp fish sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce


Cook the noodles according to packet instructions. Drain and run under cold water.

Mix the dashi no moto with the water in a pan and bring to the boil. Add in the ginger and sugar snap peas and cook for a minute or so, then add in the stir fry mix and spinach and cook for another minute.

Add in the seafood mix and cook until its warmed through. Then add in the fish sauce and soy sauce.

Place the noodles in a bowl and tip the broth mixture over the noodles. Serve sprinkled with chopped spring onions or sesame seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment