Friday 4 June 2010

Turbot with Spring Onions and Ginger Sauce

I've had a very busy and exhausting day! But I have nearly got my exhibition up. There are just a few little loose ends to tie up, but I hope that it should all be ready for Monday and I'm really happy with it. It looks really good. I've also found another turbot recipe! Its taken me a little while but I found another one in my cookbooks. This one came from Leiths Cookery Bible and is Chinese in style. It was really easy and quick to prepare and very very tasty. I added some veg to the stir fry, which made the meal more nutritious.



Turbot with Spring Onions and Ginger Sauce (adapted from Leiths Cookery Bible)
(Serves 3-4)

450g turbot fillet
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1cm fresh root ginger, peeled and sliced
8-10 spring onions, shredded

For the marinade
1 tbsp soy sauce mixed with 1 tbsp sake

For the sauce
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp caster sugar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp dry sherry

Cut the fish fillets into strips 5cm x 1cm.

Add the fish to the marinade and leave it to stand for 30 mins.

Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together and set aside.

Heat a saute pan, add a little oil and when hot add the garlic, cook for a minute or so. Lower the heat and add the fish, in its marinade and fry briefly. Pour in the sauce, stir and add the spring onions. Serve immediately with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment