Tuesday 4 May 2010

Italian Wedding Soup and a Sicilian Sandwich

I ate a lot of things that I associate with the US on my trip. One of the combinations I love is soup and half a sandwich, and you can't get it in the UK. This one came from Souper Salad in Boston, not far from Government Center T stop. Its an Italian Wedding Soup, which was one of the specials that day, and a soup I've always wanted to try, and a Sicilian sandwich. The sandwich contains: Smoked honey ham, Genoa salami, provolone cheese, olive salad, tomatoes and roasted red peppers, served on rustic Italian bread.



The soup and the sandwich were both delicious and went really well together, the saltiness of the sandwich complimented the soup. I might have a go at making the Italian wedding soup myself sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment