Saturday 27 March 2010

Poulet a L'Estragon

When I made the roast turbot that I posted about last week, I used the left over tarragon to make Poulet a L'Estragon. My father cut this recipe out the newspaper for me ages ago and I have finally got around to making it, although not for him! I have to say that this was delicious, not quite as good as the turbot the day before but pretty close.



I served it on a bed of mashed potato with courgette and with broccoli and sugar snap peas. I have almost finished all the courgette I froze last year, which is good because hopefully I'll be doing the same thing this year!

Poulet a L'Estragon (from Xanthe Clay in The Saturday Telegraph)
(Serves 4)

1 tbsp olive oil
4 chicken leg portions
250ml white wine
10 sprigs of tarragon
3 tbsp creme fraiche

Preheat the oven to 200C

Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken portions until they are browned on both sides.

Transfer the chicken to an oven proof dish (in which it will fit in a single layer).
Tip the fat out of the frying pan and pour in the wine. Bring to the boil, stirring well to release all the brown gunk from the bottom of the pan.

Pour over the chicken and tuck in 4 of the tarragon sprigs. Bake for 30 mins.
Remove the chicken from the pan and keep warm.

Tip the juices into a small pan, spoon off the fat from the top if there seems to be a lot, and bring to a simmering point.

Stir in the creme fraiche and the rest of the tarragon. Taste, adjust the seasoning and pour over the chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment