Monday 15 March 2010

Menu Plan Monday

There were definite highlights from last week. I tried turbot for the first time and absolutely loved it, and the poulet a l'estragon was delicious. I wasn't a big fan of the cheesy tuna tortilla melts though. They had a slightly strange sweet edge to them from the tinned tuna, and would have been much better with chicken or beef. One of the best meals from last week was one my sister requested for our Sunday night get together. It was Southern Indian Seafood and Rice Soup by Jamie Oliver. I really enjoyed it, I used a little less chilli, because both of us are really susceptible to it, and I loved the flavour and textures from the fish and rice. My sister found it a little too creamy, and would have halved the coconut milk and used water instead.



This week is going to be busy. I have a group presentation for college tomorrow and loads of things to get done at work this week. I also have to start researching for another essay which is due in April. So the menu plan is simple and lots of things I've cooked many times before. My freezer has also got a bit full again so I'm working to try and empty it a bit before I made more delicious food! I am really looking forward to the Chicken wrapped in bacon because I haven't had it in ages and also the sausages with pease pudding. I'm curious to find out what pease pudding tastes like.

Sunday
Lunch: Mushroom and Garlic Creamy Pasta
Dinner: Meze, Lamb and Olive Tagine with Couscous

Monday
Lunch: Cassoulet
Dinner: Seafood Curry Noodles

Tuesday
Lunch: Cheese Sandwich
Dinner: Chicken wrapped in Bacon with Cream Cheese, Pasta with Pesto, Veg

Wednesday
Lunch: Macaroni Cheese with Bacon
Dinner: Salmon with Watercress Sauce, Crushed Potatoes and Veg

Thursday
Lunch: Out for lunch? if not Courgette Soup and Cheese Sandwich
Dinner: Beef Stew, Bread

Friday
Lunch: Chinese Fried Rice with Chicken Tenders (Bento)
Dinner: Sausages and Pease Pudding, Veg

Saturday
Lunch: Greek Pasta Salad
Dinner: Out at a Birthday Party?

No comments:

Post a Comment