Monday 1 March 2010

Menu Plan Monday

I have Menu Planned this week, I actually found it really hard! I'm off work for 4 days, and I found it difficult to plan for lunches when I knew I'd be at home! I do have some lovely things planned for my few days off. I'm cooking for some friends on Wednesday evening, I'm going to the theatre on Thursday evening, and then on a tour of the Houses of Parliament on Friday afternoon. Its very exciting! I also have a couple of doors to paint and cupboards to clean! I found a really good cheap bookshop near Waterloo Station, and bought a couple of really good books; The Joy of Eating by Jill Foulston and Taste, The Story of Britain Through its Cooking by Kate Colquhoun. They are both really interesting and the Joy of Eating has passages from food writing, both fiction and non-fiction, its given me some really good ideas for books to read.

A lot of this weeks Menu Plan Monday has smoked salmon in it. My Mum gave me a packet of smoked salmon, that goes off on the 4th March and I have tried to include it in lots of my meals! That's not a bad position to be in! I'm cooking sausages in cider for my friends, which is fairly easy to make and hopefully will be really tasty.

Sunday
Lunch: Help yourself
Dinner: Baked Fish and Chips, Sugar Snap Peas

Monday
Lunch: Sandwich from Pret a Manger
Dinner: Cheese Burger

Tuesday
Lunch: Pitta Bread with Onion Bhaji and Crème Fraiche and Mango Chutney
Dinner: Prawn and Pesto Pasta Salad

Wednesday
Lunch: Poached Egg on Smoked Salmon with Hollandaise
Dinner: Sausages in Cider, Mash, Salad and Chocolate Pot

Thursday
Lunch: Chinese Fried Rice
Dinner: Pasta with Smoked Salmon, Crème Fraiche Sauce

Friday
Lunch: Jacket Potato with Salmon and Cream Cheese
Dinner: Daring Cooks

Saturday
Lunch: Sausage Sandwich
Dinner: Out at a Hen Night

No comments:

Post a Comment