Thursday 11 March 2010

Baked Fish and Chips

My parents came to stay the weekend before last before they went on holiday. I usually cook dinner for them when they stay and this time I decided to make baked fish and chips as a healthy alternative and because its really easy to make. I like my chips done this way, but my dad didn't seem to agree, he likes proper chips! The fish however was a hit. It was perfectly done and the topping was lovely and crispy.



I served it with sugar snap peas and tartare sauce.

Baked Fish and Chips
(Serves 2)

1 tbsp olive oil
2 cod fillets, about 175g/6oz each
handful of dried breadcrumbs (I used some mixed with rosemary)
2 large potatoes, cut in half and then into 6
2 tsp old bay seasoning

Put some oil in a roasting tray and add the potatoes. Toss in the oil and then sprinkle over the old bay seasoning and some salt and pepper and toss again. Bake in the oven for 45 mins. Shaking the pan a couple of times during cooking.

Lightly oil a shallow baking dish, then add the cod in one layer. Lightly brush the fish with oil, then press on the crumbs. Bake for 10-12 mins.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am stopping by your blog via Hopie. Hopie is my adoptor for Adopt a Blogger.

    The fish and chips look delicious. I never make fish and chips. I'll have to add this to my list of recipes to make!

    ReplyDelete