Sunday 17 January 2010

Sweet Potato and Chickpea Soup

Last week I cooked for my sister on Sunday night, we are both trying to loose a bit of weight so I thought soup would be the perfect dinner. This was so quick and easy to make after a day in the library, less than 20 mins including prep time.



I didn't have any milk in the fridge so I just left it out and the soup was still delicious. I served it with garlic bread.

Sweet potato and chickpea soup (from Good Food Magazine)
(Serves 2)

1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 sweet potato, cut into 1 cm cubes
600ml hot vegetable stock
220g tin chickpeas, drained
1 tbsp sour cream
50 ml milk

Heat the olive oil in a pan; soften the onion for 3 mins. Add the garlic cloves, cook for 3 mins more. Add the cumin and ground coriander and cook for 1 min.

Add the sweet potato and fry for 2 mins, then pour over the vegetable stock. Boil for 10 mins until potato is tender. Add the chickpeas. Heat through before whizzing until smooth.

Stir in the soured cream and milk and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment