Thursday 8 October 2009

Maple Pork and Apples

My parents have a small orchard at the back of their house which has about 6-8 apple trees, this year they have gone crazy! They have had so many apples that my Mum said when she picked them it didn't look like she'd picked any, they were that full. So I have been supplying people at work with apples and using a few myself in cooking. I am not a big fan of raw apples but I don't mind them cooked in dishes. I found this recipe for Maple Pork and Apple somewhere on the Internet, I'm not sure where though, so I'm sorry in advance to whoever's recipe this is.



I actually ate this quite a while ago, but never got around to writing about it. It was really simple to make and a great one pan dish. I served it with mash potato, green beans, sugar snaps, samphire and mushrooms.

Maple Pork and Apples
(Serves 4)

4 pork loin chops
2 tbsp butter
12 baby carrots, halved lengthways
1 medium apple, sliced and pips removed
1/3 cup maple syrup

Sprinkle the chops with salt and pepper. In a frying pan melt the butter over a medium heat and add the chops. Brown for 2 mins, turning once. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add carrots, apple and maple syrup. Cover and simmer for 8 mins or until done.

Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chops, carrots and apples to a warm plate bring the syrup mixture to a boil, and boil gently for 1-2 mins until thickened. Pour over the chops and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment