Wednesday 30 September 2009

Spaghetti with Chicken, Spinach, Blue Cheese and Beans

Yesterday was my first day at college, I'm doing a Masters in Library and Information Studies, one day a week whilst working full time as well. It went really well, I met lots of people and the course looks really interesting. I just have to decide on my optional modules now. I'm trying to choose between Manuscript Studies and Cataloguing and Classification 2, and I have to decide by the end of next week.

This dish is one that I haven't eaten in a little while, I never seemed to have all the ingredients in at once. It is a really simple and quick pasta dish to make and really flavourful. I did however have a little accident with it, I made the dish fine and then whilst I was eating I managed to tip an entire glass of red wine into my plate. I poured most of it out but it still tasted slightly weird!



I am sending this into Presto Pasta Nights, this week back being hosted by Ruth.

Spaghetti with Chicken, Spinach, Blue Cheese and Beans
(Serves 2)

enough pasta for two
1 chicken breast
1 tin of canellini beans
couple of handfuls of spinach
small piece of Stilton, crumbled
tiny bit of double cream

Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.

Cut the chicken breast into cubes. Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium high heat, add the chicken and fry until golden brown.

Add the spinach and the beans and stir until the spinach has wilted and the beans are heated through.

Add the cooked pasta to the pan, and add the blue cheese and a tiny bit of the cream, heat on a low heat until the cheese melts a bit. Serve.

5 comments:

  1. That looks like a delicious flavor combination for pasta!

    Sounds like an interesting class. Good luck choosing your focus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with school and thanks for sharing the pasta with Presto Pasta Nights.

    Next time, remember...wine is for drinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely love this combination of ingredients. Blue cheese and pasta is one of my all-time favorites.

    Good luck with school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I increased new learning from elegantly composed substance of this blog. It is demonstrating some unique sort of system to keep work better and enhance with each new task. Japanese noodle in Minneapolis

    ReplyDelete