Monday 21 September 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Last weeks Menu Plan Monday went really well. The highlights of the week were definitely the Japanese Beef Curry and the Macaroni Cheese. I used some lovely Stilton in the macaroni cheese, which really gave it some flavour. I had prawn cocktail yesterday for lunch, which I haven't had for quite a while and it was just as delicious as I remember it. There are hundreds of recipes for prawn cocktail, but I use my Mum's very basic recipe. It has 6 ingredients mayonnaise, tomato ketchup, lemon juice, Tabasco and salt and pepper and I just add each until I like the taste of it!



This week's Menu Plan Monday is a saving money week, as I get paid on Friday and can't buy any more groceries until then. I have all of the ingredients either in the fridge, freezer, or the cupboard. I am particularly looking forward to the Coriander Potatoes with Chickpeas and Tomatoes, from my Lebanese Cook Book, and I'm adding an egg on top to give it some more protein. I am also still battling with portion sizes, but I am definitely getting better at stopping when I'm full. I am also looking forward to a trip to Borough Market next Saturday as well, as I want to buy some Poussin for one person roasts and a rabbit to make stew from for the winter.

Sunday
Lunch: Prawn Cocktail with Salad
Dinner: Out at Wagamama

Monday
Lunch: Potato Gratin, Salad
Dinner: Fajitas

Tuesday
Lunch: Somen Noodles with Fish Pasta sauce, Gyoza, Runner Beans with Oyster Sauce, Hard boiled egg (Bento)
Dinner: Spaghetti with Spinach, Blue Cheese, Chicken and Canellini Beans

Wednesday
Lunch:
Dinner: Coriander Potatoes with Chickpeas and Tomatoes (Lebanese Cookbook), with an Egg

Thursday
Lunch: Leftover Bean Stew with Bacon
Dinner: Yakisoba Noodles (leaflet from Japan Centre)

Friday
Lunch: Greek Pasta Salad
Dinner: Baked Sausage Parcels

Saturday
Lunch: Out?
Dinner: Daring Cooks

No comments:

Post a Comment