Monday 24 August 2009

Menu Plan Monday

I had a really good day yesterday. I met a friend just before lunch and we went to Alexandra Palace Farmers Market for a wander. There is a fantastic range of stalls at this farmers market, from Moroccan to Portuguese to local meat and vegetable producers, and it is much bigger than either the Walthamstow or the Islington Farmer's Markets. We had a delicious white chocolate and strawberry muffin from one stall and I bought some samphire from the fish stall. We then went to a north African restaurant in Crouch End and I had a really delicious falafel and hummus wrap which came with chips and a pickled salad, and was really delicious. I don't have much experience of North African cuisine, but this was a really good taste.



I am still doing battle with the ever growing pile of courgettes from my garden. I made some ratatouille yesterday and still I picked more! I found this recipe for Squid Ink Pasta with Zucchini just by doing a google search, and it worked really well. I am not a huge of pasta and veg with no real sauce, but this one I really liked.

After no Menu Plan Monday last week, this week was more of a struggle than usual! I'm not sure where I'm going to shoe-horn in courgette this week but I'm sure I'll find a way! My Parents have gone on holiday for two weeks so my Mum cleared out her fridge into my fridge, along with all the produce from her garden. So I spent last night blanching and refreshing lots of green beans, runner beans and spinach to freeze and keep me going through the winter. I still have a load of apples, plums and green gages to sort out, but that can wait until Wednesday! I have ordered a preserving kit, so hopefully I'll be making some chutneys this year.

Sunday
Lunch: Out with a Friend for a North African Lunch
Dinner: Maple and Apple Pork, Garlic Mash, Veg

Monday
Lunch: Spanish Rice, Salad
Dinner: Thai Fishcakes with Noodles and Stir Fry Veg

Tuesday
Lunch: Pasta Salad with Mushrooms, Green Beans and Pesto
Dinner: Spicy Salmon with Lentils

Wednesday
Lunch: Mushroom and Cheese Omelette, Salad
Dinner: Sausage with Wine Gravy, Sweet Potato Mash

Thursday
Lunch: Spinach and Ricotta Lasagne, Salad
Dinner: Pasta with Parma Ham, Peas and Lemon

Friday
Lunch: Salad with Cheese, Ham etc
Dinner: Oven Baked Mushroom and Thyme Risotto, Salad

Saturday
Lunch:
Dinner: Daring Cooks

1 comment:

  1. What about zucchini bread? That uses them up and is yummy for breakfast or tea. Also easy to give away to people and I bet you can freeze it too!

    ReplyDelete