Thursday 16 July 2009

Pork in a Wine Sauce

I hadn't planned what to make on Sunday night, and on my way out the door on Saturday night I took a pork loin steak out of the freezer. I had no idea what I'd got out until I checked on Sunday morning and then spent the day looking for recipes. I knew I wanted to make mash because I have a load of potatoes out of my Mum's garden to eat up, so something with a sauce was what I needed. I came across this Pork in a wine sauce in one of my cooking for one books and it looked perfect.



When I was looking for the perfect recipe, I came across lots of oriental recipes but as I eat a lot of oriental food I decided I needed a change, and this was delicious, just what I needed. I served it with chive mash and steamed veggies.

Pork in Wine Sauce (from Quick and Easy Cooking for One by Molly Perham)
(Serves 1)

2tbsp plain flour
Salt and Pepper
1 pork chop or steak
1 tbsp butter
1 small onion finely chopped
1/2 tsp tomato puree
2 tbsp white wine

Mix the flour with a little salt and pepper on a plate and coat the pork on both sides. Shake off any excess flour.

Melt the butter in a saucepan and fry the pork gently on both sides, until golden brown.
Remove the pork from the pan and add the onion. Cook gently until soft.

Return the pork to the pan and stir in the tomato puree and wine. Cover with a lid and cook over a low heat for 15-20 mins, until pork is tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment