Wednesday 17 June 2009

Prawn and Leek Pasta with Dill Sauce

I really fancied pasta and prawns one night last week and searched around the Internet for something suitable. I stumbled across this Shrimp and Asparagus Pasta with Dill Sauce from On My Plate on foodgawker. Although I didn't have any asparagus, I did have a leek sitting in the bottom of my fridge and so I adapted the recipe and it worked really well. I love having my herbs sat outside the back door, it encourages me to find more recipes using them.



Prawn and Leek Pasta with Dill Sauce (adapted from Shrimp and Asparagus Pasta with Dill Sauce)
(Serves 4)

1 lb penne pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
2 medium shallots, finely chopped
2 leeks, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and black pepper
grated Parmesan cheese

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.Add the pasta and cook according to the pasta package or until the pasta is tender.

Meanwhile, heat the tablespoon of oil and the butter in a medium skillet until the butter melts and melds with the oil.

Add the shallots and garlic and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.

Add the leeks and saute lightly until soft.

Add 1 cup of the pasta water, raise the heat to medium-high, and boil for about 2 minutes.

Add the dill and shrimp. Remove from the heat and stir in the additional olive oil, salt and pepper.

Drain the pasta and toss in a serving bowl with the shrimp and asparagus. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.

1 comment:

  1. It is definitely nice to have fresh herbs at your fingertips. The dill sauce sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete