Sunday 17 May 2009

Salmon with Breadcrumbs, Pesto and Cream Cheese

My Mum went to another Teresa Bovey cookery demonstration a couple of weeks ago with her old nursing friends. This time it was specially designed for them, she made microwave jam which I am very intrigued to try so my Mum has sent me over the recipe and I will try it when I finally buy a microwave! The main course was Salmon with Breadcrumbs, Pesto and Cream Cheese, which sounds delicious, so I thought I would try it out as I had a fillet of salmon left in my freezer.



It was! The pesto and cream cheese complemented the flavour of the salmon and it was so simple to make. I had no fresh herbs so I just omitted them from the recipe and used green instead of red pesto as that is what I has in the fridge. I served it with Jersey Royal potatoes which I was given free at the Real Food Festival at Earls Court last weekend, and broccoli and cabbage with dressing.

The Real Food Festival was a disappointment this year, compared to last year, it felt much smaller and there were far less meat producers. The focus seemed much more on cakes, sweet things and tea. We chatted with one of the stall holders and it had cost him a substantial amount of money to be at the show, so it no wonder some of the smaller producers couldn't afford to make it. Last year we easily spent the whole day at the festival where as this year we spent about 4 hours, before going to Fortnum and Mason for tea as a treat! Hopefully the Summer Good Food Show at the NEC in June will be better.

Salmon with Breadcrumbs, Pesto and Cream Cheese (from Teresa Bovey Cookery Demonstration)
(Serves 4)

4x200g portions of salmon fillet
50g pesto
50g low fat cream cheese
salt and pepper
1x40g slice of bread made into breadcrumbs
10g fresh parsley

Preheat the oven to 190C.
Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper and place the fish portions on it.
Mix together the pesto and the cream cheese in a small bowl and spread over the fish fillets.
Blitz the breadcrumbs and herbs together to form crumbs. Season and sprinkle over fish portions.
Bake 18-20mins.
Serve with lemon wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment