Thursday 21 May 2009

Warm Greek Pasta Salad

The moving and packing is generally going well so far. I have actually packed some stuff into boxes and bin bags and I have also had an enormous cull of my old magazines, which went into the recycling yesterday. I am now half excited, half terrified about the move and I'm just hoping that things go smoothly. Luckily I have some very good friends to help me :)

In an effort to clear at least the fridge if not the freezer this week, I made a Greek pasta salad on Wednesday with half a left over red onion, a handful of cherry tomatoes, some capers, some cucumber, and the end of some feta cheese.



This recipe came completely out of my head. I'd originally decided to have just a straight Greek salad and then discovered a quarter of a bag of pasta that needed using up, so it turned into a pasta salad.

I sliced the onion into strips, chopped the cherry tomatoes in half, and the cucumber into quarters.
I boiled the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Meanwhile I sauteed the red onion in a little oil until it was soft and about half way through added half the cherry tomatoes and a tablespoon of capers to the pan to soften also.
When the pasta was cooked, I drained it and added the onion mixture to it, with the cucumber, and some crumbled feta cheese.
I then put it back on the heat to heat all the ingredients up slightly and melt the feta a bit, and served with the other half of the cherry tomatoes on top.

It was actually really tasty and I loved the crunch of the cucumber and uncooked cherry tomatoes on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment