Saturday 25 April 2009

Spinach and Cream Cheese Chicken wrapped in Parma Ham

I decided as it was pay day yesterday, that I would treat myself to some Parma ham, so I decided to make Spinach and Cream Cheese stuffed Chicken wrapped in Parma Ham based on this recipe from the Homesteading Housewife.



I mixed some pesto and creme fraiche together for a sauce, because these things really need sauces, the sauce heated up beautifully when I poured it over the chicken which was already hot. I then served this on a bed of champ, and with mushrooms and green beans. It was delicious, I loved the texture of the spring onion in the mash potato, something I have never tried before. I also didn't have any milk, so the mash was made wholly with creme fraiche and butter which made it really creamy but not quite as nice a texture as usual.

Champ (adapted from Gordon Ramsay's Fast Food)
(Serves 4)

1kg floury potatoes, peeled
salt and pepper
30g butter
bunch spring onions (about 6-8), trimmed and finely chopped
100ml double cream/creme fraiche
100ml milk, extra if needed

Cut the potatoes into similar sized chunks and boil in salted water for about 10 mins until tender when pierced with a sharp knife. Drain well.

Mash the potatoes while still hot, then stir through the butter and chopped spring onions.

Pour the cream and milk into the mashed potatoes and mix well. Season generously and serve.

1 comment: