Tuesday 10 March 2009

Shark Steak with Noodles

I remember eating Shark as a child, when you could buy it from Morrison's Fish Counter, but I hadn't had any for a long time. There is a nice fish seller who has a stall on my local high street and as I walked past, the shark steaks caught my eye.

I wanted to do something simple with the shark, so that the flavour of the fish still came through, and I found this recipe whilst browsing through the Internet, which really fitted the bill. I teamed it with some noodles and stir fried veg, but I have to admit that I cheated with the sauce for the noodles as it was just a packet of Chow Mein Noodle Sauce! The flavour combination worked really well though.



Marinated Shark Steak
(Serves 4)

4 shark steaks
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp rice or wine vinegar
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Minced green onions and parsley

Place the Shark Steaks into a bowl.
Combine soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, oil, parsley, garlic and black pepper. Pour over fish. Marinate for 30 minutes, turning once.
Remove fish, reserving marinade. Put under a hot grill, 4 to 5 inches from heat, about 4 minutes per side. Brush with marinade before turning.
Serve with minced green onions and parsley sprinkled on top

No comments:

Post a Comment