Saturday 7 March 2009

Of Cameras, Soups and Omelettes

I have been having a bit of an experiment with my camera this week. After a chat with a colleague at work, who has the same camera as me, I have picked up some tips and tricks, that hopefully will make some of my photography better. I have discovered the macro button and this definitely seems to make my close up shots less blurry. I usually take about 6 or 7 different pictures of a finished meal, but the close ups were always blurry before so I never put them on here. Most of the photographs are however, still, by no means that good, but I think they are slowly improving.

Meals this week are still simple and quick, but still really tasty. I started the week with a Smoked Salmon Omelette, it was supposed to be frittata, but I didn't have any potatoes! Instead I added some basil and some sugar snap peas to the salmon and eggs, and served with a side salad, and it was still a tasty and filling meal.


My comfort food Sunday Lunch was this Chicken, Orzo and Ginger Soup from La Fuji Mama. I didn't have any coriander, so added some pea shoots and cabbage instead, which gave the soup a bit more veg content. Needless to say this was delicious.

1 comment:

  1. Your omlette looks and sounds delicious, but I don't think there is any requirement that a fritatta have potatoes in it. I do a zucchini (courgette) and onion fritatta and my wife does a spaghetti and prosciutto fritatta. Put in what you like and have handy.

    ReplyDelete