Monday 30 March 2009

Menu Plan Monday



Last week's Menu Plan Monday was mostly followed! I ended up going out for dinner on Friday evening so I had the veal on Sunday instead. One of the highlights of last week was the Smokey Shrimp and Polenta. I strayed away from the original recipe which was Smokey Shrimp and Parmesan Polenta Cakes, when it came to the polenta. I had frozen some sticks of polenta when I made some a few weeks ago and defrosted these. I tried to pan fry them as this had worked really well with the cooled polenta last time, but unfortunately they fell apart so I ended up with normal polenta, slightly fried. I have to say that the sauce was heavenly, and the prawns beautiful as well.


This weeks Menu Plan Monday is a mix of freezer things and made from scratch meals. The cook book recipe is Grilled Fillet Steak with Leeks and Butter Beans from Jamie Oliver's How to Cook, which I currently have out of the Library. This is actually the only meal in the book that I actually want to make, so I'm glad I didn't spend lots of money buying the book.

Sunday
Lunch: Steamed Chive Bun (From China Town)
Dinner: Veal Piccata, Goats Cheese Mash, Veggies

Monday
Lunch: Leek and Gorgonzola Bake, Salad (LL)
Dinner: Chicken Pie, Veggies

Tuesday
Lunch: Hot Smoked Salmon Salad
Dinner: Out for a friends Birthday Drinks

Wednesday
Dinner: Out, being cooked for by a friend

Thursday
Lunch: Chicken Markhani, Spinach Rice (Bento)

Friday
Lunch: Ham and Goats Cheese Roll Ups, Salad?
Dinner: Fish Pie, Veggies

Saturday
Lunch: Falafel with Couscous Salad (Bento)
Dinner: Grilled Fillet Steak with Leeks and Butter Beans (Jamie Oliver)

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried Polenta. How would you describe the taste?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rona, Its quite a bland taste, so you have to add some sort of cheese to it, I think I added cream cheese and some cheddar to this one. The texture is a little bit like scrambed egg.

    ReplyDelete