Friday 27 February 2009

Naan Bread Pizza

The week before I went to New York I had a very busy week both at work and meeting up with people, as well as packing. I'm a real worrier when it comes to going on holiday and I have to check things a dozen times before I leave! That meant that the meals that I ate at home had to be quick and easy.

One of the meals I tried out was the Naan Bread Pizza from Nigella Express. I tweaked the original recipe a bit, using fresh mushrooms instead of jarred and mozzarella instead of fontina as I couldn't find any anywhere.



Naan Pizza (adapted from Nigella Express)

1 Shop Bought Naan Bread
2 tbsp tomato pulp or any tomato sauce
handful mixed mushrooms, chopped
handful spinach, wilted
half a ball of mozzarella
3 stalks thyme

Preheat the oven to 220C
Wilt the spinach by placing the spinach in a colander and pouring a kettle of boiling water over it.
Spread the tomato sauce over the naan, slice the mozzarella and place on top of the tomato sauce, sprinkle over the chopped mushrooms and wilted spinach.
Cook in the oven for about 5-10mins until the cheese is melted and bubbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment