Saturday 28 February 2009

Goose and Venison Curry

There was no Menu Plan Monday this week, as I was somewhat jet lagged from New York and the concept of planning meals frazzled my brain! I am also still slowly trying to empty my freezer before I move, yep that's right I have had an offer accepted on a flat, and although I know it could still all go pair shaped at this stage, I'm still preparing a little! Me a prospective home owner! Who'd have thought it!! Although I am very excited about the amount of space I'll gain its still a little scary, this step into the grown up world. All this has meant that the meals this week have been simple and quick to prepare.

One of the meals I liberated from my freezer was a goose and venison curry that my mother had made over Christmas and then given me a portion of to take back to London with me. She usually makes this curry with left over roast chicken but it was equally delicious with left over goose and venison. I served it with some green beans, as I needed the veggies, and rice with cardamom and star anise.



Chicken (or other left over meat) Curry
(Serves 2)

Left over chicken (or other meat)
yoghurt
1 onion, chopped
1 oz butter
1 tsp coriander
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp fenugreek
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 clove garlic, crushed
2-3tbsp/ 1 1/2 fluid oz water
1 dsp coconut cream

Mix all the spices with the water to form a paste.
Fry the onion and garlic until softened in the butter. Stir in the spice paste and fry very gently for 2 mins. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 mins.
Pour in some water and the coconut cream and cover and cook until the chicken is tender and sauce had thickened slightly.
Serve with basmati rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment