Thursday 29 January 2009

Nigella's Sesame Noodle Salad

I had a lovely day yesterday, this week is Liz's last week at work as she starts a new job on Monday, so we treated ourselves to lunch in China Town. We went to one of the All You Can Eat Buffets and it was really nice. I love being able to try a little bit of everything.

I seem to have been eating a lot of Asian food recently, on Saturday I tried Sesame Noodle Salad from Nigella Express, and it was delicious. I'm not sure that Noodle Salads actually exist anywhere in the Far East but its definitely a good invention! I didn't have any bean sprouts, so I used green beans instead, and the recipe called for garlic oil, which Nigella makes herself, so I substituted vegetable oil and a crushed garlic clove. It still worked well and tasted really good.



Sesame Noodle Salad (adapted from Nigella Express)

1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
100g/3½oz smooth peanut butter
2 tbsp lime juice
1 garlic clove, chopped

For the salad
125g/4oz mangetout
125g/4oz green beans
150g/5¼oz beansprouts, rinsed
1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into small strips
2 spring onions, finely sliced
550g/1lb 3½oz ready-cooked egg noodles
20g/¾oz sesame seeds
4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander

For the dressing, whisk together all the dressing ingredients in a bowl or jug.
For the salad, place all the salad ingredients into a bowl.
Pour over the dressing and mix thoroughly to coat everything well.
To serve, sprinkle over the sesame seeds and coriander.

No comments:

Post a Comment