Tuesday 13 January 2009

Nasi Goreng

As part of my Christmas present my Mother made me up a huge food parcel full of foodstuffs that I either, usually can't afford, can't find, or interesting and unusual things she found in various shops.
One of the items was a box of the dry ingredients for Nasi Goreng, the box included: rice, herb paste (bumbu), ketjap manis (sweet soy sauce) and fried onions, and this I made for my sister when she came for dinner on Sunday night.


It was really simple to make, the only fresh ingredients it needs are 2 diced chicken breasts, 1 chopped leek and 1 diced red pepper. I added some courgette and some okra as they were slowly going off in the bottom of my fridge, and basicaly you just boiled the rice and chucked everything in a wok. The box says that it serves 2-3 people, this is, I suspect, if you are serving 2-3 very large rugby playing men! We had enough leftovers for both my sister and I to take for lunch the next day.


No comments:

Post a Comment