Monday 12 January 2009

Menu Plan Monday



I always think Menu Plan Monday comes around really quickly, and I still really enjoy doing it. Thank you so much to Laura of Organizing Junkie, for inspiring me to keep going. It really does work, I waste much less food and save money in the process. I discovered over Christmas how many cookery books I actually own. Let me tell you its a lot, but I never really seem to use any of them, rather I use recipes from the Internet found on people's blogs, on foodgawker and picturing_food etc. So I have made a New Year's Resolution if you like, to use at least one recipe from one of my cook books each week. That's not too hard a task so hopefully I shall stick to it. This weeks cook book selections are Noodle Salad from Nigella Express and Swordfish Curry from Australian Women's Weekly Malaysian Cookbook.

Sunday
Lunch: Beans with Cheese and Basil, Salad
Dinner: Nasi Goreng with Okra

Monday
Lunch: Leftover Nasi Goreng
Dinner: Baked Shrimp Scampi and Roast Asparagus on Polenta

Tuesday
Lunch: Egg Mayonnaise and Ham Sandwich
Dinner: Merguez Sausage Baked in a Bag with Mushrooms, Veggies

Wednesday
Lunch: Noodle Salad (Nigella Express)
Dinner: Curry, Sesame Potatoes, Fried Okra, Naan Bread

Thursday
Lunch: Fiorentina Pasta Bake, Salad
Dinner: Smoked Haddock Fishcake, Salad

Friday
Lunch: Courgette, Feta and Olive Rice Salad (Good Food) with Vinaigrette
Dinner: Swordfish Curry with Jasmine Rice (Australian Women's Weekly)

Saturday
Lunch: Pasta with Tomato and Mascarpone Sauce
Dinner: Lentil and Toulouse Sausage Casserole

1 comment: