Saturday 31 January 2009

Home Cooking

As I have not done a lot of cooking from scratch this week, I thought I would share with you what I have been eating. This week has been busy, more due to social outings rather than work. On Tuesday evening I went out with colleagues from work for Liz's leaving do, we went to the Crown Tavern in Clerkenwell Green, which does really good food. I tried the Lentil and Spinach Burger, which came with blue cheese and a field mushroom and was really delicious, it was also really good to mix with people outside of work as I haven't done up to now.

I also went back to the Real Greek in Covent Garden with my father for dinner on Wednesday and we had the Souvlaki sharer, which was a chicken kebab, a pork kebab, and a lamb kebab with chips. This was also really tasty. I really should remember to take photographs in restaurants!

The only meal that I really did any cooking for this week was on Thursday. I had a Beef and Ale Pie from Tesco out of the freezer, and then made Goats Cheese and Mashed Potato Gratin from the Food Network to go with it. This really complemented the flavours of the pie and was really easy to make. I had one unfortunate problem though, as the goats cheese I had is covered in ash, the potato went a little grey when I added the goats cheese! It still tasted good though!


Friday's dinner was not exactly a success! I went to the Cinema with friends to see Frost Nixon which was really good. We were originally going to Frankie and Bennie's for dinner, but when we got there we were told we would have to wait 35/40 mins for a table, so we decided to try McDonald's, we were desperate, and it was closed. We eventually ended up in the Cinema Foyer where I selected a Large Hot dog, this is what arrived:


It had us in stitches for ages and was definitely a challenge to eat. I also had some Nachos with Cheese Sauce, and just the fact that the cheese sauce stayed melted even when cold, kinda scared me! I'm not sure I'll be trying it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment