Monday 22 December 2008

Creamy Pork

Last week seemed to go very quickly. I managed to almost finish off my Christmas Shopping, only one more to go! I also saw friends and went to the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park, where I sampled Gluhwein and Bratwurst, two of my favourite things, which always remind me of trips to Vienna and Berlin and German Markets at Christmas.

One of my favourite quick warming dishes is Creamy Pork. I make it up as I go along so its always slightly different depending on what I have in the cupboard, and although it doesn't look hugely appetising, it is incredibly simple and delicious.



I make this by feel rather than a recipe so its not going to be accurate.

Creamy Pork
(Serves 1)

Diced Pork
3 Mushrooms
1 Small Onion, chopped
1 clove Garlic, chopped
Half Glass of Wine
Half Fat Creme Fraiche
1/2 tsp Paprika (more if wanted)

First heat some oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until soft but not brown then add in the garlic, mushrooms and pork, cook until the pork is cooked and the mushrooms are brown, this shouldn't take that long, about 5-6 mins. Then add in the Paprika and stir until it kinda coats the pork.
Add the wine to the pan and wait until the alcohol has evaporated, ie until it doesn't smell vinegary any more, then add in the creme fraiche and let that heat through.
Serve it on top of pasta or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment